Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Rivalry Renewed

The rivalry gets renewed today for the Washington Wizards. Since Lebron James entered the NBA in 2003 there has been a growing rivalry between his Cleveland Cavaliers and the Washington Wizards. “I have a love hate relationship with the Lebron James. I love the way he plays basketball, but I hate when he plays the Wizards” said Daymond Green of Howard. The rivalry between the two Eastern Conference teams started with the repeated meetings in the playoffs between the two teams. However Cleveland has pretty much dominated the Wizards in all their playoff meetings, they have eliminated them every single time. Then the rivalry escaladed with the Lebron James and Wizards guard Deshawn Stevenson’s war of words. Stevenson told reporters that he felt as though Lebron James is overrated. Lebron unfazed by such words told reporters that, “Deshawn is like Souja Boy, and I’m like Jay Z what he says doesn’t mean anything to me”. Through the many physical playoff meetings, and the war of words between the two teams this rivalry is a fan favorite. “I always love when they play, plus my Cavaliers always win anyway” said Cavaliers fan Arthur Curry of DC. However Wizards fans feel very different about the rivalry, “I hate the Cavaliers, and Lebron James is overrated to me Deshawn was right” said Wizards fan Amber White of Maryland. She’s not the only one with such harsh feelings. “I hope the Cavaliers lose every game, I never want them to have any type of success” said Wizards fan Peete Simpson of DC.

Fans from both sides couldn’t disagree more, however a lot is always settled when the two teams meet on the court. “We always beat the Wizards so it’s not much of a rivalry” said Curry. He’s right the Cavaliers won three out of four against the Wizards last year, and have eliminated the Wizards three times in the playoffs since Lebron James entered the NBA. However fans know that’s all in the past, the new season has started and the rivalry is renewed today.

Game time is set for 7pm at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. It’s the first of four meetings between the two teams this season.

Check back to my blog later to get a full game recap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment